Monday, March 10, 2014

What's for Dinner: Pita Pizzas

Years ago, my roommate made these pita pizzas, and they have been a dinner staple ever since.  They're simple to make, inexpensive, and very tasty.  If you're like me, you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand:


What you'll need:  

-Pita pockets.
(I prefer wheat.  I keep these in stock by storing them in the freezer.)
-Pesto
-Pizza sauce/pasta sauce/bruschetta
(I always keep extra jars of pesto/pasta sauce on hand for last-minute dinner ideas)
-Diced tomatoes
-Fresh Spinach
-Feta Cheese
-Italian Seasoning
-Crushed red pepper flakes
-Ground pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.  Place pita pockets on baking sheet and top each one with a layer of pesto and then pizza sauce.  Add a layer of spinach and diced tomatoes and top with feta cheese.  Season as desired.  Place in the oven and back for 25-30 minutes. 

I didn't have diced tomatoes the night I made these.  I also added pepperoni to Adam's--he's no a fan of meatless meals.  

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment