Friday, July 5, 2013

Firecracker 5K

For the 4th of July, my friends and I ran in Little Rock's Firecracker Fast 5K. This race has been held in our capital city for the past 37 years, and believe me--it is a fast 5K! The race starts in The Heights and ends down by War Memorial stadium. The course is almost all downhill, so it's a great race for improving speed. I was super excited because I set a new PR--I finished in 36:13:59, my fastest 5K yet! And, I almost ran the entire thing. I walked through the hydration station, and I walked the last turn of the race because it was uphill. I will definitely be running this race next year, and I WILL run the entire course! My goal is to be able to run a 5K in 35 minutes or less. I'm almost there! 

I was so glad that Katherine and Beth could join me for this race. I made our tutus the night before. (I've become a tutu guru : ) I can turn them out pretty quick now.) We decided we're also going to run the Watermelon 5K for the Hope, Arkansas Watermelon Festival, and we're going to make tutus for our "watermelon costumes." Woo hoo tutu party! 
Beth was the first in our group to cross the finish line and was interviewed by Channel 7 news. Her interview and our 3 tutus were featured on the 6:00 news...umm....AWESOME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment